Home » Road Race Cars » NASA » Super Touring
Posted Sep 05, 2016 | Hits: 11530 | Stock No: #2033
- Ad Details
Ad Type: For Sale
Vehicle Make: Porsche
Vehicle Model: Boxster S
Fuel Type: Pump Gasoline: 87-93 Octane
Spares List: Some spares available. Please ask for specifics
Types of Payments Accepted:
Are you willing to accept trades?: No
This car was completely built at Precision Chassis Works in Gilbert AZ, and was my personal race/test car (I’m the owner of Precision Chassis Works). The car started life as a 2000 Boxster S with a bad engine, but no collision history, and was built into a race car, to be used as a test bed for the Subaru adapter kit program that we developed for the 986 and 987 transaxles and chassis, and was primarily raced in NASA’s ST1 class. After I was done developing the adapter kit, I decided to change things up and re-class the car as a GTS3/4 car, or an ST3/2 car where race entry numbers were higher. Based on the power to weight requirements of these classes, I needed a power plant that had less power, and ideally, power delivery that was more linear than the small displacement, turbo charged Subaru engine offered. The decision was made to use an Audi ABZ V8 engine due to it’s horsepower output, and the fact that it bolted directly to the 987, 6 and 5 speed transaxles. The new configuration makes 316whp on 91 octane pump gas (with the option to switch to lower horsepower tunes on the fly), and the vehicle weight is right around 2675lbs (without driver) with room to easily reduce weight if desired. Another added benefit to the Audi ABZ engine (versus a Porsche M96 engine) is that used replacement engines can be sourced for $800 or less. The new power plant also prompted a lot of changes in other systems of the car. The fuel system, oil system, cooling system, and especially the entire electrical system were all completely rebuilt to compliment the new purpose for the car. At the same time, a brand new Racetech RT9119HR carbon/Kevlar seat was installed, as well as new Racetech 6 point harnesses, and a new window net. After the new configuration of the car was finished, it was tested and raced at local club events with no problems, no issues, and great results. Now, with my business making a transition, I’ve decided to offer the car up for sale in the hopes that a new owner will be able to dedicate more time to racing it than I will be able to over the next few years. While I would like to find the car a new home, I don’t NEED to sell it, and with as much money and time that I have invested into it with the new configuration, I’m not going to “give the car away”. That being said, I’m going to start with an asking price of $50K but feel free to send me any reasonable offer. For the quickest response, please email me at email@example.com
The car has a NASA logbook, but with the cage and safety equipment it has, it would also be legal for competition use with SCCA, PCA, POC and BMWCCA.
The entire build and rebuild was very well documented, so if there are more pictures that you would like to see, chances are I’ve got anything it.
– Fiberglass, light weight OEM style hard top
– Quarter panels and rear wheels modified for wheel travel and fiberglass flares bonded and molded into the quarter panels and rear bumper.
– Fiberglass front fenders (late style 996 headlights) that are 1” wider on each side.
– Fiberglass GT2 style front bumper (also wider to match the fenders) that was modified so a completely flat splitter could be mounted to it with integrated brake ducts.
– Custom radiator ducts fabricated to allows the stock 986 side radiators to work with the GT2 radiator openings.
– Custom fabricated aluminum center radiator with ducting for additional cooling capacity.
– Carbon fiber wing (PTG design) with chassis mounted uprights.
– Gutted steel doors
– AeroCatch latches in hood and deck lid
– F1 style convex door mirrors
– TIG welded, 6 point cage with NASCAR style door bars on driver’s side
– Complete air jack system using Goodrich fittings and hard line, AP Racing inlet port, AP Racing “lance” with hose and nitrogen regulator, and KSport jacks (which could be replaced with AP Racing air jacks at additional cost)
– 987 engine cover (top) modified for intake manifold clearance.
– Dash gutted and trimmed for weight reduction
– Carbon fiber dash panels for passenger side air bag cover, center dash panel, steering wheel button panel, and gauge cluster fill.
– Custom seat mounting system on driver’s side
– Racetech RT9119HR carbon/Kevlar seat installed mid-2016 ($4000 retail)
– Custom fabricated seat back brace mounting system
– Racetech Magnum 6-point HANS harnesses installed mid-2016 (FIA cert good through 2021)
– New IO Port window net installed mid-2016
– Rennline steering wheel disconnect with OMP adapter hub
– Momo MOD30 steering wheel installed mid-2016
– Rennline shifter raiser (7”)
– Safecraft 10lb Halon fire suppression system with two nozzles in engine bay, one in cockpit, and one in front trunk
– Custom built throttle pedal system (Cup style)
– Custom pedal overlays for brake and clutch pedals, and flat floor panel for driver’s side footwell
– Custom billet aluminum interior door pull/release (drivers side) and looped cable pull (passenger side)
– Panel/wink style rear view mirror (center)
– Steering wheel hook
– 24qt. Cool Shirt system with air provisions (which can be plumbed into the port in the back of the seat, or into a helmet air port if desired.
– High density cage padding in required areas
– Retractable Cup style tow hooks front and rear
– MoTec M880 ECU with logging (multi-tune 4 position rotary switch)
– MoTec C125 dash with logging
– MoTec PDM30 (chassis power distribution)
– RaceGrade 15 and 8 button panels control panels
– Motorola PM300 radio system with low profile antenna (with matching CP200 hand helds and crew radio headset)
– Odyssey PC950 battery with Anderson Power Clip
– Custom master power disconnect system with dual activation switches (interior and exterior)
– Wired AMB transponder (original style not the new subscription based system)
– Electronic power steering pump (Denzo/Toyota based)
– AiM SmartyCam HD camera
– Complete, custom MIL spec chassis wiring harness and engine management harness
– Original Boxster ABS system
– Dual Bosch 044 fuel pumps with Radium distribution block
– Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
– Aeromotive fuel filter
– Custom built swirl pot (supplied by OEM in-tank fuel pump)
– Custom billet aluminum fuel rails (plumbed in parallel)
– Fuel system plumbed using hard anodized fittings (XRP fittings when possible) and Prolite-Ultra hose.
– New fuel injectors (Ford Motorsports)
– Staubli quick disconnect plumbed inline for easy fuel pump-out (includes pump-out line)
– Boxster S brakes with Pagid pads (front pads are brand new)
– Porsche Motorsports, 997 Cup dual master cylinder set-up with Tilton 76 series master cylinders and Tilton remote bias adjuster (cockpit adjustable)
– Recently replaced stainless steel braided lines and fresh Motul RBF600 brake fluid
– GT3 front brake ducts
– CCW Classic wheels (peened) with GM style lug nut seats. Sizes are 17”x12” rear, 17’x10” front. Typically the car runs 315mm wide tires rear, and either 275mm or 295mm wide fronts depending on tire brand used and desired vehicle balance.
– Audi ABZ 4.2 liter V8 engine (85K miles) with exceptional leak down numbers. New timing belt kit, new water pump, new valve cover seals, new spark plugs, new cam seals, and custom modified oil filter housing for remote oil filter and Accusump.
– Custom engine mounting system that bolts into existing chassis provisions
– New starter motor
– Custom stainless steel headers with Burns Stainless collectors, and custom stainless steel exhaust system (987 style routing) with v-band disconnect. All stainless steel welds are fully back purged
– Custom fabricated intake manifold using GM LS1 throttle body and custom fabricated intake system (with heat shield)
– Low mileage 987 6 speed transaxle with Drexler LSD (uses standard length 987 shifter cables)
– 034 Motorsports flywheel insert with Southbend clutch (no adapter plate needed between engine and transaxle)
– New clutch slave cylinder
– Trunk mounted engine oil cooler (Setrab) with cooling fans (Spal)
– Transmission oil cooler (Setrab) mounted in quarter panel duct, with Mocal heavy duty fluid pump.
– 3 quart Accusump system (electric)
– Custom catch can system (trunk mounted catch can)
– New OEM 986 expansion tank and cap
– Engine oil and transmission fluid system plumbed using hard anodized fittings (XRP fittings when possible) and Prolite-Ultra hose
– Tarett Engineering control arm monoballs
– Tarett Engineering control arm thrust bushings
– GT3 front sway bar with Tarett Engineering “GT3 extended” drop links
– Tarett Engineering bladed rear sway and drop links with cockpit adjustment.
– Tarett Engineering rear top links
– KSport shocks, springs and camber plates
We Built this Firehawk to…
’94 BMW E36
Bemco Fabrication C6 Race Car
Procraft Chassis Race Car…
Parts and Accessories | Brakes | Brake Pads | Brake Calipers | Brake Rotors | Brakes Everything Else | Suspension/Steering | Suspension Kits
Shocks | Springs | Anti Roll Bars | Bushings/Bearings | Control Arms | Camber Plates, Shock Mounts, Etc | Steering Racks and Components
Subframes | Electrical | Data Acquisition | Safety/Interior | Seats | Harnesses and Accessories | Fire Extinguishers and Accessories
Interior Race Accessories | Engine/Drivetrain | Transmission | Clutch | Differential | Driveshaft/Axles | Gearshift
Engines: Complete and Parts | Cooling | Fuel | Intake | Exhaust | ECU, DME, Software, Chips | Body/Aero | Aero | Body Panels
Strut Braces/ChassisReinforcements | Wheels/Tires | Wheels | Slick Tires | R Compound Tires | Everything Else | Race Parts
Street Car Parts (Interior, Body, Etc) | Shop Equipment | Lifts | Diagnostic Equipment | Welders | Power Tools | Hand Tools | Specialty Tools
Tire Machines | Everything Else | Racecar Setup Tools | Alignment | Scales | Pressure Gauges | Shock Dyno | Engine/Chassis Dyno
Spring Testers | Everything Else | Pit Equipment | Tool Carts | Fuel Carts | Tire Carts | Tow/Golf Carts | Canopies | Flooring (Kiwi Tile)
Radios | Everything Else | Driver Gear | Helmet and Head-Neck Restraints | Suits, Gloves, Shoes, etc | Driver cooling | Merchandise | Clothing
Memorabilia | Road Race Cars | NASA | Spec E30 and Spec 3 | GTS | 944 and 986 Spec | Honda Challenge | Performance Touring | Super Touring
Super Unlimited | Factory Five Challenge | American Iron | Camaro Mustang Challenge | Spec Z | Spec Miata | Rally | Everything Else
Time Attack | (FWD) Front Wheel Drive | (RWD) Rear Wheel Drive | (AWD) All Wheel Drive | SCCA | BMWCCA | ChumpCar | LeMONS | Porsche Club
IMSA/TUDOR | Pirelli World Challenge | Vintage-Classics (25+ years old) | Everything Else | Drag Race Cars | IHRA | NHRA
Drag Race Cars – Everything Else | Circle Track Cars | Asphalt Circle Track Cars | Dirt Circle Track Cars | Racecar Donors
Rolling Shells/Parts Cars | Salvage Cars | High Mileage Cars | Street/Specialty Cars | Trailers & Tow Vehicles | Light Duty Trucks/SUVs
Heavy Duty Trucks/Tractors | RVs | Single Car Trailers | Multiple Car Trailers | Trailer Parts and Accessories | Jobs/Services | Crew
Driver Coaching | Photography | Race Engineer | Race Technician | Helmet Painting | Race Car Rentals