Home » Road Race Cars » NASA » GTS
SOLD – 1993 E36 325i Racecar (SCCA, NASA, BMWCCA)
Posted Jan 13, 2015 | Hits: 1221 | Stock No: #0528
- Ad Details
Ad Type: For Sale
City: Des Moines
Vehicle Make: BMW
Vehicle Model: 325i
Fuel Type: Pump Gasoline: 87-93 Octane
Types of Payments Accepted:
Are you willing to accept trades?: No
THIS ITEM HAS BEEN SOLD
This 1993 E36 is ready to go racing with you. Take it to SCCA and run STU or IT, take it to NASA and run GTS2, race with BMWCCA, or just take it to the track and have fun!
The car is an absolute joy to drive. It eats up curbs like nobody’s business, and handles incredibly well. We just plain aren’t racing it, and it needs to go to someone who will. Aside from the shock adjuster incident (explained below), it needs nothing to go racing. The seat belts are good until 2017, and the SCCA annual tech is good until June.
The car started out as clean title street car, and was originally converted by Turner Motorsports.
There are a PILE of details here:
More photos (including interior) are here:
The exceptions to the details:
1. The Stickley engine is no more. Well, it exists….and you can have it, but know that one of the pistons is now see-through and has VERY poor compression. In its place the car has a low-mile stock engine in it, which was enough to run a 2:44 at Road America and a few 1:43s at Road Atlanta. Right at 182 HP at the rear wheels unrestricted. It got new motor mounts at the same time.
2. The race-programmed software (a re-programmed chip) has been replaced with a WAR chip from Miller Performance: https://www.millerperformancecars.com/store/war-chip/best-bmw-chip-miller-w-a-r-chip-detail . Purchase will include a laptop capable of talking to the WAR chip, as well as the chip that came with the car initially.
3. The last time we had the car on the track, a top front shock bolt disappeared. This resulted in the crushing of the top shock adjuster on that corner. A rebuild of that shock is probably the best course of action, and we’ve discounted the car appropriately.
4. The lightweight gel battery has been replaced with a standard battery (new in December 2014) in the stock location.
5. We’ve re-done the wheel bearings at all four corners, and will also include loaded uprights as spares.
6. Car now has a 13-quart Fresh Air Systems cool shirt system installed, along with a switch panel for additional lights (we were planning on eventually going endurance racing with the car). Also included: REAL radios (two crew, one hard-wire power for driver) / in-car harness / headsets.
Car is located in Des Moines, Iowa. $13,500 takes it as-is.
Need a trailer, too? We can help with that! Open trailer, set up PERFECTLY for this car, $2,500.
https://sites.google.com/site/premiereperformancebmw/trailer has details of the trailer build along with a link to a couple of photos. This trailer has been used twice since it was purchased with the car, most recently to take the car to Road America for the 2014 June Sprints.
Also available: 26-foot enclosed trailer. White. Newer brakes, fold-away benches on the sides, workbench in the front and BIG awning that attaches to the side of the trailer. Weight distributing hitch plus anti-sway included with trailer. $4500.
Need a truck? How about a four-door, 2005 F-250 4×4 diesel? 68,000 miles, mostly highway miles. Maintained as Ford recommends, has an aftermarket stereo with subwoofer to help entertain you while cruising down the road on the way to or from the track. $18,500.
Photos of anything are available upon request.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the car, Dave Volante at email@example.com with questions about car, trailers or truck.
E92 M3 Track Car Build by…
1993 BMW M3 ‘d 325is E36…
BMW E36 M3 Race Car
1995 bmw currently running…
Parts and Accessories | Brakes | Brake Pads | Brake Calipers | Brake Rotors | Brakes Everything Else | Suspension/Steering | Suspension Kits
Shocks | Springs | Anti Roll Bars | Bushings/Bearings | Control Arms | Camber Plates, Shock Mounts, Etc | Steering Racks and Components
Subframes | Electrical | Data Acquisition | Safety/Interior | Seats | Harnesses and Accessories | Fire Extinguishers and Accessories
Interior Race Accessories | Engine/Drivetrain | Transmission | Clutch | Differential | Driveshaft/Axles | Gearshift
Engines: Complete and Parts | Cooling | Fuel | Intake | Exhaust | ECU, DME, Software, Chips | Body/Aero | Aero | Body Panels
Strut Braces/ChassisReinforcements | Wheels/Tires | Wheels | Slick Tires | R Compound Tires | Everything Else | Race Parts
Street Car Parts (Interior, Body, Etc) | Shop Equipment | Lifts | Diagnostic Equipment | Welders | Power Tools | Hand Tools | Specialty Tools
Tire Machines | Everything Else | Racecar Setup Tools | Alignment | Scales | Pressure Gauges | Shock Dyno | Engine/Chassis Dyno
Spring Testers | Everything Else | Pit Equipment | Tool Carts | Fuel Carts | Tire Carts | Tow/Golf Carts | Canopies | Flooring (Kiwi Tile)
Radios | Everything Else | Driver Gear | Helmet and Head-Neck Restraints | Suits, Gloves, Shoes, etc | Driver cooling | Merchandise | Clothing
Memorabilia | Road Race Cars | NASA | Spec E30 and Spec 3 | GTS | 944 and 986 Spec | Honda Challenge | Performance Touring | Super Touring
Super Unlimited | Factory Five Challenge | American Iron | Camaro Mustang Challenge | Spec Z | Spec Miata | Rally | Everything Else
Time Attack | (FWD) Front Wheel Drive | (RWD) Rear Wheel Drive | (AWD) All Wheel Drive | SCCA | BMWCCA | ChumpCar | LeMONS | Porsche Club
IMSA/TUDOR | Pirelli World Challenge | Vintage-Classics (25+ years old) | Everything Else | Drag Race Cars | IHRA | NHRA
Drag Race Cars – Everything Else | Circle Track Cars | Asphalt Circle Track Cars | Dirt Circle Track Cars | Racecar Donors
Rolling Shells/Parts Cars | Salvage Cars | High Mileage Cars | Street/Specialty Cars | Trailers & Tow Vehicles | Light Duty Trucks/SUVs
Heavy Duty Trucks/Tractors | RVs | Single Car Trailers | Multiple Car Trailers | Trailer Parts and Accessories | Jobs/Services | Crew
Driver Coaching | Photography | Race Engineer | Race Technician | Helmet Painting | Race Car Rentals